Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bike

Today I did the recumbent bike for 35 minutes. Yeah, it got me a little sweaty, but overall I wasn't feeling it. For one, I think I tweaked something in my thigh yesterday so for the first 10 minutes of the workout I kept leaning my right leg to the right and then to the left while I was pedaling trying to stretch out whatever it was. The ache finally went away, so I kept going.

Two, it's kind of boring.

Three, the recumbent bike hurts my tailbone. I have a bent tailbone from a bike accident when I was 8 or so. I was riding my bike, caught a pedal on the curb, stopped fast and flew forward a bit, then back, which is when the pointy part of the bike seat jabbed right into my tailbone. X-rays revealed that while it's not broken, it bends inward ever so slightly. I still have a hard time sitting for more than a little while on hard surfaces and often my bum will just go numb. The gym has ONE regular stationary bike, and it was being used while I was there today. If it's ever free when I go, I'll give that a try.

Eating has been pretty stellar for the past few days, and also pretty clean. I'm not eating low or high anything right now, but just trying to get in fruits and vegetables and eat balanced meals. My one heavily processed indulgence has been sugar-free pudding (a mix of cheesecake and chocolate fudge) because it's yummy.

No comments: