Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Swimming Hard

First, hi to every who got here from the Livin' La Vida Low-Carb blog. My site meter stats were a lot higher today and now I know why.

After a slacker week last week, I'm back in the pool. My swimplan work outs have kind of been kicking my butt the last couple of days. It's not so much that the sets are difficult, it's that there are a lot of them in a row so by the end I am worn out.

Yesterday after warming up I did:
4 50's breathing on the wrong side (for me, the left side); R :15
4 50's breathing bilaterally (alternating sides) R :15
6 50's breathing normal, but progressive 1-3 and 4-6 (so 1 is slow, 2 is medium, 3 is sprint) R :20
Do above twice, cool down, pull tired body out of pool

My sprints came in at about 41 seconds, which is okay. I want to get down in the 30's.

Then today after warming up:
4 100's on 2:00
4 100's on 1:55
8 50's on 1:00

Like I said, it's not that the sets are hard, just that they just keep going with no reprieve.

This week is off to a good start with workouts both today and yesterday. However, I ate a Frosty today. See, today was my last day of my Bar prep class and there's a Wendy's close to the class. I don't know if there are any Wendy's around where I live at all. For a month and a half of classes I planned to treat myself to a Frosty on the last day of class. So I did. And now I can go another year, or however long it's been since I had one, before I have another one.

No comments: