Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Abducted by the Bar

I'm still here, but the Bar has taken over my life. A week from today it will be done. That's kind of scary. I want to be done, but in no way do I really feel prepared. I'm trying to remember if when I took (and passed) the Bar 3 years ago I felt this unsure. I'm pretty sure I did.

My food plan is on the sidelines right now. I'm still eating healthy because that keeps my brain sharp and helps me stay focused. FYI, if you're in Providence, on Thayer Street and looking for quick, healthy fare, I highly recommend East Side Pockets. I've been lunching on the combo salad with chicken and falafel for the past few days. With that I get a big pile of lettuce, a boneless chicken breast, a couple falafel patties, tzatziki, hummus, tabbouli, hot peppers and feta. I love how Greek/Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food is so yummy yet still relatively good for you.

However, all my little measurements of so many veggies and fruits, so much fiber, so much blah blah blah has gone by the wayside as I just try to get food in me and make sure it's relatively decent. I bought a pile of berries on sale last week so I have a berry protein smoothie every morning. Then the salad lunch. Then I've sort of been alternating between store-bought sushi and already cooked baked chicken (with the skin peeled off) for dinners. Whole Foods multi-grain sushi is pretty awesome.

I'm also still swimming because that helps to keep the stress demons slightly at bay. I slept in this morning, but I went Monday and Tuesday and I'll go tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.

After the 2nd day of the Bar I plan to splurge on some ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. I know, I know. I'm not supposed to use food as a reward. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE ice cream. And I haven't had real full-fat ice cream in a long time. I'm also getting a massage the next day, which will be heavenly.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Good luck with the Bar!!! You are going to pass with no problems at all!! :)