Thursday, February 22, 2007

Let's Hear It for Accountability

I did walk to Harvard Square last night, so that was somewhere between 3.7 and 4 miles. Plus, my frozen world decided to melt a bunch, and then freeze over again just as I was starting my walk home. And my sneakers really don't have a lot of traction. So it was kind of like Extreme Walking as I climbed the ice hills and skated along the sidewalks. My legs were actually kind of sore when I went to bed last night.

Tonight I'm going swimming, which I'm trying to psyche myself up for. This week I'm having a hard time believing in this process, despite seeing some movement on the scale and in my inches a couple of weeks ago. I find myself thinking about buying the over the counter version of Orlistat, despite the yucky side effects*. Since I've been bobbing around my same weight by about 10 pounds or so for a couple of years, I've been feeling like if I could just get down to a decent weight, I could maintain it, give or take 10 pounds. Easier said than done.

So in the interest of full disclosure, and to have a record for myself so I can look at it and say, "Yep, you only have yourself to blame" I'm going to record my food.

B: 8 oz of Strawberry Stonyfield Farms FF yogurt and 1/6 C. Grape Nuts
L: Campbell's chunky chicken noodle soup and 10 Club crackers. (probably about 400 calories total)
S: Half a can of pineapple chunks in pineapple juice, 135 calories Half a Zone bar pre-workout at 110 calories.
D: Last three ounces of steak from dinner out a couple of nights ago, sweet potato, steamed broccoli.
S: 8 SF wafer cookies and 1 C. skim milk.

I think one of the bonuses of my food tastes, is I actually like the healthy stuff. The other day I opened the fridge, famished, and honestly thought, "Ooo, cottage cheese! Yummy!" Not that I don't like the unhealthy foods, but if I'm in the right mindset I will always go with the healthy choice. In fact after I indulge in unhealthy foods, I crave fruits and vegetables, feeling a need to cleanse my system somehow.

80 laps tonight, 32 in 14:20 (not a stellar time, obviously, but 20 seconds faster than last Tuesday so I'm excited about that).

On the weighing and measuring front, I've lost 2 more inches, which brings the grand total to 2 1/2 inches, but I haven't lost any weight. When does the weight losing actually start?

*I don't really want to write about them, so I'll just say, look them up. Gross.

No comments: