Friday, February 23, 2007

How Many Calories Can I Eat?

Today I found a Nutrition Guide where you enter in your height, you weight and your goal weight and it tells you how many calories you need to maintain or lose based on whether or not you're exercising. So I entered in 5'6", 200 and 155. I don't know if I agree with this.

You need 2023.2 calories per day to reach your goal weight slowly and maintain that weight without exercise.

If you reduce your current caloric intake to 1727.4 calories per day you will lose one pound per week without exercise.

If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2248.4 calories per day.

If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2529.9 calories per day.

The calorie counts seem kind of high. Or maybe it's just that my metabolism is so slow, I need a lot less calories to see weight loss.

No comments: