Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Eating For All the Wrong Reasons

Last Tuesday night I did my 70 laps and was all psyched to go Wednesday and Thursday too when that big nasty Nor'easter blew into town. The pool closed on Wednesday and then Thursday we found out our building was having some major plumbling problems completely unrelated to the storm and I wound up going down to Providence for the next few days.

Tonight I have plans scheduled for 15 minutes after the pool opens, so I'm going to walk home. Actually, I'm going to walk to Harvard Square so I think tonight's walk will be a little closer to 4 miles than my previous walks. Tomorrow I'll hit the pool.

I'm coming to realize that having a boyfriend and a social life is not conducive to my no sugar plan, so at this point I'm allowing myself some treats. Yes, you can call me a failure. I kind of think I am. But my boyfriend gave me a big heart-shaped box of chocolates for V Day so I'm just supposed to say, No thanks? OK, maybe I am. He ate half of the chocolates though, so that's good.

Anyway, I hope that as long as I keep moving, a little treat now and then won't catch up with me too much. I am not buying any sugary products for myself. I kind of think of myself as a social sugar eater. It's my vice. I don't drink, I don't smoke, a Hershey Kiss with the truffle center isn't going to be the end of me (Speaking of which, have you tried those? I'm a dark chocolate girl usually, but those Truffle Kisses are divine).

Does anyone else think I'm trying too hard to rationalize? I know the way to really do this right is to not even indulge socially, but right now, when I'm feeling kind of down about a lot of things, a little chocolate now and then makes me happy.

You don't have to write me some long comment telling me how eating for emotional reasons is wrong, wrong, wrong. I know. It's just where I'm at right now.

1 comment:

i i eee said...

We all deserve to have rationalized moments here and there. It's okay. You're not a failure.