Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Walkies

Saturday I bought myself a pedometer. Although there are some negative reviews on Amazon, I quite like it. For one, it keeps track of all sorts of stuff: steps, distance, calories. Two, I don't think it's that hard to use (like some reviewers thought), you just have to be willing to read through the instructions and get it set up. Three, it's teeny-tiny and clips on my waistband very easily and is not obvious at all. Well except I keep raising the hem of my shirt to show people at work because I think it's so nifty. One of my co-workers is jealous and may get one herself.

I've actually wanted a pedomenter for a long time. I like the idea of tracking my movement throughout the day to see what I'm doing, even when I'm basically sitting at a desk for 12 hours. Apparently 10,000 steps a day is a good goal for overall health. Yesterday I walked 11,600. Woo hoo.

Plus,I've been to the gym both yesterday and today. I have the sore triceps to prove it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I might have to get one too!

Tenacious-K said...

I got one of those free ones McDonalds was giving out when they introduced their new salads a couple of years ago.

I quit wearing it 'cause it kept showing negative numbers.

Oh, well. I'll just keep on truckin' I guess.

Good on ya tho, Mate!

Kelly said...

FB, I get such a kick out of writing down my steps every day. Some people at work have even started asking me how I'm doing as the day progresses.

Dad, you should try again. It's fun. And try to make a goal to get the 10,000 steps. You can walk around your apartment complex a few times and get that in, I'm sure, in addition to your walking throughout the day at work and such.