Thursday, January 06, 2011

I'm Not Very Sleepy, Either

Despite going to bed at 12:30 last night, I woke up peacefully at 5:50. This has been something I've noticed since I started working out again - I feel satisfied on less sleep. That doesn't mean I'm not tired when 10 or 11 PM rolls around, but in general, I'm feeling active and able to do more after an average of 6-7 hours of sleep per night rather than needing 8-9 hours of sleep.

Might also be related to cutting out the caffeine and the highs and lows from that. And the sugar.

The point is, I'm feeling better.

Day 9 of the Fitness Challenge was 25 minutes of weights and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then just to be obnoxious, I went for a 45-minute walk on my lunch hour. I was just too antsy to sit still any longer. I originally planned for 30 minutes, but didn't want to come back inside yet.

It's kind of amazing how quickly doing the consistent activity makes my body crave the consistent activity.

No comments: