Monday, January 10, 2011

Days 11 and 12: Fail

Day 11:
I woke up a bit later than I wanted to, but figured I still had time to go to the gym for an hour. The BIL, SIL and niece were leaving that afternoon, but I thought it would take everyone some time to get up and ready to go. Jason told me I shouldn't go to the gym because it was our last day with our guests. He said I could go later.

Only, here's what really happened. We went downstairs and found Sarah, the SIL, sitting on the couch doing some work on her computer. Brandon, the BIL, and the niece were still asleep. So we sat around for awhile, talking vaguely of going out for breakfast once everyone was up. I wound up getting on my computer and doing some work too, which was good, but, really, there would have been plenty of time for me to work out.

This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I've been getting ready to go to the gym and Jason has insisted there isn't enough time, but then it turns out there is PLENTY of time. Moral of the story: ignore Jason.

Once everyone was awake and showered, we went to brunch, then drove our guests to the Boston airport. On the way back, we stopped at Costco because there are no Costcos in Rhode Island or in any of the southern Mass. shopping meccas, so we try to go if we happen to be in Boston during shopping hours. Then we got home and I had to write a talk and a Young Womens lesson for church on Sunday morning, plus get some more work work done. Oh, I also baked a birthday cake for one of the YW.

Day 12: Well, I gave a talk and taught a lesson at church, made a roast, frosted the cake, cleaned the kitchen twice, worked on a contract for several hours, and just never made it to the gym.

Yeah.

Anyway, I planned to wake up this morning and go to the gym, but I was exhausted for some reason. I brought my workout clothes with me and I'm going to the gym after work instead. No excuses!

No comments: