Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sabotage

I'm now well into my third week of coughing and I'm sucking on a cough drop as I type this because the cough is still bad enough for that. Lately I'm fine during the day (except for today), but when I get home from work at night, I have several coughing attacks. I think this is probably because at work I'm just sitting on my bum, but when I get home I want to DO stuff. Crazy stuff. Like laundry! And dishes! And cleaning the bathroom!

Last night I changed the sheets on our bed and midway through I was doubled over coughing, with my arms wrapped around my torso lest I crack another rib.

So anyway, I'm feeling kind of frustrated. As I mentioned before, we're going camping and hiking over Labor Day weekend. The plan is to climb 2 (Vermont) mountains. However, I'm having problems just bringing laundry up from the basement to our 2nd floor apartment. I hope that in the week and a half until the trip, my lungs get their act together and start letting me breathe like a normal person again.

I was going to use August to get ready for the hike by climbing the hills in Providence and the hills on the elliptical. Alas... I feel like I'll be lucky to get in a couple of workouts before the trip.

1 comment:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Sorry you are still sick... Hope you'll get better soon! :)