Tuesday, August 04, 2009

And I Really Wanted to Watch Friends Last Night Too

Well now the new TVs on the new cardio equipment have no reception, period. In fact, they've put signs on all the equipment that basically says don't even bother with the TVs and yes, we know they're broken. Those signs make me think they don't anticipate them getting fixed anytime soon. Stay classy, YMCA!

Even without the TV distraction, I did manage to kick my own butt on the elliptical yesterday by listening to some great music with a good beat and trying my best to keep time with the beat. I was sweating like crazy. I also did 20 minutes of the weight machines before ellipticaling. My thighs were still screaming after Saturdays exercises, so I only did upper body weights.

I was supposed to swim this morning, but some family drama* last night had me tossing and turning a bit, then waking up at 4:15 AM and finally getting back to sleep around 5:30, just as my alarm went off. I have noticed on the days I don't get up to go to the gym, I have a really hard time waking up when I need to just to get to work on time and I wind up being late. Today was no exception. I could have caught the bus in, but I was determined that since I didn't swim, I was going to walk to work. Which I did. And walked into the office to pick up a ringing phone from the Boston office making sure I didn't get hit by a bus. (I'm the only one in the Providence office today). Whoops.

Food has been pretty stellar, if I do say so myself. This week, I'm feeling in tune with my body and able to give it what it wants. I made some homemade pudding on Sunday night in wee ramekins and it was a perfect portion of dark chocolate goodness. Since I upped my calories to 2100, I have to really work at eating throughout the day and I never reach the point where I'm starving so much that I gorge at my next meal without really thinking about it. I haven't lost any weight, but I'm holding steady at around 190 and haven't popped up to 193 in about a week.

*Nothing to do with Jason. Though when I'm in a quandary he is an excellent sounding board for these things.

No comments: