Thursday, March 07, 2013

I Was Doing Well For A Minute There

Last Saturday my swimming buddy and I swam!  Granted, most of that was social kick (the equivalent of going for a long chatty walk, only with kickboards and fins), but we were there, we were in the water, and we swam some laps.

And I don't know about her, but wow, am I out of shape.

Then we did it again on Monday!  I got to the pool at 6:30 AM and swam and it was still hard, but it was good too.  Actually, we commented to each other on Monday how we had each felt so *good* on Saturday following our swim.  Something about being back in the water.  It really is my happy place, even if it is a dank, indoor YMCA pool.

The PLAN was to elliptical Tuesday, strength train Wednesday, swim this morning, strength train tomorrow, and swim with my buddy again on Saturday morning.

Tuesday, I was lazy.  That's all I got.

Wednesday, I was tired.  We got home from choir rehearsal around 10:30, which meant I was in bed asleep around 11:30, and after a full day of busy work followed by choir rehearsal, I wanted to sleep instead of get up at 5:45.  I don't even remember my alarm going off, if I'm honest.

This morning we woke up to slushy, slippery snow and an unplowed street.  And 40 mile per hour winds.  No.

Then I come in today and turns out tomorrow morning I have an 8 AM conference call.  Surprise!  That means the 6:30-7:30 strength training class won't work out.  However, swimming buddy and I might be going on a walk tomorrow after work, depending on how the storm heading our way tonight shakes out.

And we're definitely swimming Saturday!

So I won't be meeting my goals this week, which are to swim 3 days a week and strength train 1 day a week.  But at least I'm finally back in the pool.

No comments: