Thursday, February 28, 2013

Motivation - I Don't Haz It

I'm stuck in my busy work/no motivation to exercise cycle again.

The last couple of weeks, I've been feeling better physically, but work has been busy.  I've been coming in early (slightly before 8) and getting home at 8, 8:30, 9.  If I'm not home late because of work, I'm home even later because of other obligations (choir, Young Women's, etc.)  I don't really feel like going to bed at 10 when I don't get home until 8:30 and still need to eat dinner, and want to hang out with Jason and watch a little TV to decompress.

So I get to bed at 11:30 or 12, and then when the alarm goes off at 5:45, there's no way I'm getting up and going to the gym.

Repeat cycle.

I'm feeling more and more frustrated as the positive healthy steps I made in January feel further and further away.  The good news is, I have a deadline: 3 months until the St. John swim.  And my swimming buddy and I just made a plan that starting Saturday, we're swimming 3 times a week.

I'm really hopeful that getting back in the pool and having to get up early at least 3 days a week or else my friend will be at the Y all by herself will motivate me to shift my sleeping patterns a little, and motivate me to get out of bed early those other days and make it to strength training.

However, I'm not quite sure how to make work ease up.  Dear clients, stop calling for 2 weeks so we can catch up!

No comments: