Wednesday, March 20, 2013

This Is Not Going as Planned

It's the first day of Spring!  Which, you know, great, except for I feel like time is flying by and I'm not where I wanted to be at this point at all.  I'm feeling frustrated, but also pretty philosophical about it, because, what can you do?  I can't spend my days angry and shaking my fist at the sky because I've been sick and haven't lost the 10-15 pounds I was hoping to have lost by this point in the year, and I haven't yet been able to train for my St. John swim.  It is what it is.

I talked to the other 2 members of my relay team on Sunday night and we're pretty confident that, if pressed, we could all swim our part of the swim right now.  It wouldn't be pretty, and we wouldn't post a stellar time, but we could do it.  So, really, I have 2 months still to get my pace up to something respectable.  I can do that.

Just as soon as I get over the shingles...

Friday through Monday I felt pretty good.  I had a fair amount of energy and I needed it because I was really busy.  Sunday I didn't take any Alleve at all, which was great.  Then I woke up Tuesday morning feeling like I was hit by a truck.  I dragged myself downstairs to the loveseat, where I sat for the rest of the day, working from home.

I have a lot more energy today and I'm back at work today.  I am itching to get back into the pool, and my fingers are crossed that next week is the week I start back in earnest.  However, I don't think I'm going to be ready to join Masters again in 11 days.

The good news is, I've been experimenting with additions for my grain-free cookies and came up with a couple stellar ones.  First, Heath bar toffee bits.  Second, half semi-sweet chocolate chips/half cinnamon chips.  You're welcome.

No comments: