Friday, April 08, 2011

Day 18: Inadvertent Rest Day

So I didn't actually plan for exercise today because I knew it was going to be a busy day. Early morning meeting in Boston, followed by a full day of work, followed by a Providence Bruins hockey game.

Note: It's kind of awesome living in the town that feeds into the major sports team town. We can go see the Pawtucket Red Sox or the Providence Bruins for a fraction of what it costs to go see those other Red Sox and Bruins.

Anyway, the day started out amazingly when I woke up 20 minutes before the train to Boston left Providence. And it takes 15 minutes to get to the station. So I wound up driving up to Boston and spending about 3 hours in traffic today. Drag.

I suppose I can count the walk from work to the hockey game and back. It takes about 15 minutes each way. 15 + 15 = 30, right? So there's my 30 minutes of activity, no matter how lame.

Sadly, it was enough to make my heel ache a lot, despite making sure to wear good supportive shoes. I'm following coolrunning.com's advice and icing it right now.

Until this heals I think I need one of those hover loungers like in Wall-E to cart me around, with periodic drop-offs at the pool.

No comments: