Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Stupid Cough

You know what's not conducive to exercising?  Heavy breathing and coughing attacks.

I am much, much better.  Today for the first time my head isn't very clogged and I think my hearing is back to normal.  Sound has been coming through a phlegmy filter for the last week and a half or so.  I still have an occasional cough. It gets worse when I do crazy things like get up from my desk and walk around.  I still have to sit down and rest after I climb two flights of stairs.  My lungs are still recovering, apparently.

So, the upshot is, I have not been to the gym.  I didn't swim on Saturday because, really, all I wanted to do was sleep in, take my Mucinex, and be still.  I got in 3 1/2 days of work last week and by Friday night I was beat.

Last night I got home late from a work meeting and although I was physically exhausted, I felt really antsy.  I'm getting frustrated with not being able to work out, or even go for a decent fast-paced walk, and I'm hoping that's a sign that I'm getting better.

My swimming buddy and I have a plan to swim THIS Saturday.  Hopefully my lungs are up to the task.

No comments: