Monday, March 23, 2009

Why Does My Body Hate Me So SO Much?

Saturday night I got a headache. It continued through the night and all day yesterday. I came home early from church to lay like a lump on the loveseat. I went out with Jason and his sister for an excursion to take pictures at the state capital, but after about 30 minutes outside walking around, I felt kind of sway-ey and like maybe I might possibly throw up if I didn't sit down really, really soon.

Despite that, I packed my workout bag last night and set my alarm for 6 AM.

At 6 AM, I woke up and my head still hurt. A lot. So I slept for another hour and a half and then finally dragged myself into work where I sat at my desk for a few hours, willing my head not to explode all over my computer and nice new desk lamp. Finally, I came home, grabbed my two-month old prescription for migraine pills and headed for CVS. I had tried over-the-counter remedies, but nothing worked. Usually I can take 3 Excedrin and come out an hour or so later, feeling a little spacey from the caffeine, but mostly headache-free.

I think my migraines are getting worse. I took my prescription pill and went to bed with an ice pack on my head. Two hours later, I woke up with just a little residual aching. I took another pill for good measure. The residual aching is still there, but I don't feel like I'm going to die and/or throw up, so that's a plus.

The point of all of this is, no, I did not go swimming this morning. I'll try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

ugh! headaches of ANY kind are horrible!
I hate migraines. Even more that nothing really seems to work for them. I hope it goes away! All the way away!