Thursday, March 19, 2009

Plans

Oh, hello there. I've been writing a lot more lately on my other blog because, frankly, there's not much going on in my fitness/weight loss/health world.

That mysterious pain I noted a couple of weeks ago? Cracked rib. At least I'm pretty sure that's what it was since when I described to several people they said that's what it sounded like. So, basically, when I had the flu I coughed so hard that I broke a bone. I didn't bother going to the doctor because they would have just charged me money for an appointment and an x-ray and then said, "Yep. Cracked rib." and maybe have given me prescription pain pills. However, I discovered Alleve and that has made all the difference. This week has been 100 times better than last week, although the last couple of nights the rib has been hurting a bit more again. I blame friends who make me laugh.

If it's still feeling better, I'm going to try to go swimming on Monday. Then Tuesday. Then I'm going to a conference out of town and staying at a nice hotel with a fitness room so maybe I'll go walk on the treadmill or something. If I'm not completely fried from 8 hours of seminars. I'll take my sneakers and my workout clothes and make a valiant effort.

I have been listening to some of my fitness/healthy eating podcasts to try and get motivated and I think "Yes! So true! Absolutely right! Protein! More vegetables!" Then I go eat some ice cream. (Although, I would like to note that the chocolate raspberry ice cream, aka my arch nemesis, is gone now and will only be making occasional appearances in our house in the future).

Seriously, though, we're to the point where all my clothes are getting tight and I hate it. I much preferred it when the jeans were getting loose than that feeling of the fabric straining across my thighs. It's been very frustrating to feel like I can't exercise and do anything about it.

OK, yes, I could have been eating better. I could have been doing SOMEthing. Whatever. This is my blog.

1 comment:

zamy said...

Wow...you have described how I've been feeling lately ..perfectly!
Nice to know I'm not alone.

We'll get there