Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Working Out

I was tired this morning, so I didn't go to strength training. No biggie, I thought, I'll make sure to take a lunch walk. Not as good, but it will do. Only then it started pouring rain at lunch. Well, I still have a little walk up the big hill to meet Jason after work to look forward to, so at least I'll get my heart pumping for a few minutes.

Lame.

Yesterday, though, I did well. First off, though, my alarm didn't go off. Sometimes it goes off at weird times, but this is the first time it just didn't go off, period. I woke up on my own at 6:22, jumped out of bed and managed to make it to the pool by 6:40. I must admit, it's nice to live only a couple miles away.

We proceeded to do a million 100s at top speed. We did 100s of free, 100s of drills and 100s of stroke (I did backstroke) all as fast as we could. I was exhausted by the time it was done, though my fastest 100 was 1:24, which is a new best time for me (at least since my swim team days).

I keep thinking, if I could just get rid of some of this excess fat, imagine how fast I would be! I suppose skipping strength training class is not the best way to go about that.

Tomorrow I swim. Friday is strength training. Saturday I will swim again because I want to get in 4 workouts this week.

No comments: