Thursday, April 05, 2012

A Paleo Easter

In case you didn't know, it's Holy Week. For people who are affiliated in any way with church music, that means it's a very busy week. I was trying to cobble together some people for Easter dinner, until I realized I wasn't really in the mood to throw a party.

First of all, Jason and I are both singing at the Easter Vigil Saturday night and both Easter morning services. Most other church choristers are also singing every night this week (Jason sang last night at Tenebrae), but for me, 3 services in 12 hours is about all I can handle. Last year after the 2nd Easter service, I felt exhilarated by the beautiful music and the sense of community worship, but also really, really exhausted.

Plus, work has been crazy busy lately and I am selfish with my down time. Since Sunday afternoon will be the calm before the storm of work and meetings that my Outlook calendar tells me is coming next week, I sort of let the idea of Big Easter Plans fade away.

However, that doesn't mean I can't whip up a ham for me and Jason. Inspired by Jenna at The Paleo Project and Melissa at CupcakesOMG, I'm planning my own Paleo Easter. Which is also known as "regular dinner time at Jason and Kelly's", but with the added flair of a Paleo carrot cake and possibly some deviled eggs.

I'm going to make:
Honey and Citrus Glazed Ham
Some type of roasted vegetable
Spiced Carrot Cake (with regular whipped cream)

Like I said, deviled eggs may also make an appearance. As may baked sweet potatoes (with cinnamon and butter).

All of the above sound doable without making me crazy on a Sunday afternoon. Happy Easter to us!

1 comment:

Jenna | The Paleo Project said...

So glad to have inspired you Kelly! Hope your Easter went well! XO Jenna