Monday, May 04, 2009

Saturday Weigh-In: The FINALLY! Edition

The scale moved.

I lost 1 1/2 pounds last week. And another 3/4 inch or so. Jason would probably be a total downer at this point and tell me how weight fluctuates and the 1 1/2 pounds may mean nothing. (he also likes to tell me how there's probably an error rate of 1/4 inch or so on the measuring, but I ignore him or tell him to be quiet and let me be happy about my progress, illusory or not)

Yesterday I kind of threw my food plan book away. I don't know why exactly. Maybe it's the lack of sleep for the past 4 or 5 days, but I just didn't feel like passing up on the few treats I was offered. Also, there was a mango lassi involved at some point. Yum!

So yeah, a couple cookies, mango lassi, and an ice cream sandwich. I was still within my calorie range for the day.

I've had faux sleep apnea for the last few nights, wherein I'm so stuffed up that I have periods of not being able to breathe and I keep waking up. I missed out on my swim this morning because miraculously at 4 AM (I know the time because I was awake), my sinuses cleared and I could breathe through my nose again. I fell right to sleep and figured I needed some real sleep more than a swim.

Saturday I swam for 132 lengths, 3300 yards. I discovered that chlorine fumes are an awesome sinus cleanser. I wasn't gross about it - no blowing snot into the pool, which, by the way, I have seen people do and it's foul. After pulling on my swim cap and stretching and showering, by the time I actually got in the pool, my head was clear. So if you have a cold and don't feel like working out, go for a swim. Preferably an indoor pool where you have the maximum amount of contained chlorine fumes.

No comments: