Monday, November 03, 2008

Soda Detox

I have determined that caffeine isn't really a problem for me. I drink one can of Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke with Lime a day and don't feel the need for more. Last Monday I stopped drinking soda and announced on Facebook that my caffeine detox had begun.

Only it wasn't so much a detox as just a good thing to do because it meant I was drinking more water. I didn't have any withdrawal headaches or other aches. I was fine and just kind of noticed it around lunch time when I usually had a can of soda.

So Saturday we went out for linner (because it was 3:30 PM) and I got a Diet Coke with Lime. Yesterday I had a Diet Dr. Pepper with dinner, but only as an afterthought. It took me about 2 hours to finish the can.

Today at work our office supply shipment came in and among the items were two 12-packs of Diet Dr. Pepper for me. (There are only 3 of us in the office, so the secretary orders whatever we happen to like). So I'll probably have a can today because she was so excited to get me something I liked and I would feel bad.


70 laps this morning. I got out of the pool sooner than I wanted to and STILL missed my bus. Then I discovered that when Jason reset the clock last night, he set it 3 minutes slow. 3 minutes are KEY when you live 50 feet away from the bus stop and time things precisely to minimize the time standing out in the cold.

No comments: