Friday, November 21, 2008

Slacker

Yeah, so, working out... Not really happening.

However, I have a new plan that does not involve getting up at 6 AM and heading out into below-freezing temperatures to jump into a pool. Basically I'm going to be ellipticaling because I would rather be sweaty than soaking wet when I return home in the freezing cold. Also, now that our houseguests are gone, I'm going to bust out the pilates DVDs again because now there is much less chance of someone walking in on me in the living room when I'm doing something weird looking.

Also, Jason bought himself a little running watch that records distance and stuff and he swears as soon as it arrives, he's going to start running. He actually weighed himself a week or so ago and discovered he's gained 10 pounds in the last few months. Because he wasn't weighing himself first thing in the morning, after peeing and naked like the last time he weighed himself, I figure he has really only gained maybe 7 pounds. But still. I think that shocked him into action. There has been no action as of yet, but I think once he gets a toy that will record statistics and lend itself to cool spreadsheets and charts, he'll be more apt to get up and go.

If he really does start working out then I will have to make a point of getting to the gym, lest I lose my moral superiority for being the One Who Exercises.

No comments: