Thursday, November 06, 2008

Getting it Done

So I'm doing okay with the exercising this week. Swam Monday, walked to work Tuesday and Wednesday ('cause after Tuesday night I was NOT getting up at 6 AM, I'll tell you that much), and swam this morning. I'll be in the pool again tomorrow morning.

However, my eating is not so good. We had pizza on election night and it's been a carb free-for-all for me since then. I haven't had the time or energy to cook healthy breakfasts and lunches for myself so I've just been grabbing whatever is nearby. Granted, I could be making healthier choices, but I've been lazy. Everything is so carbtastic. Downtown Providence is not known for its healthy eating options.

I'm planning to get a little more reasonable about food next week. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow night so I'll grab some green leafy things and make an effort to actually eat them.

I know I said I was going to enjoy the fruits of the season (meaning Thanksgiving pies and Christmas cookies), but I honestly don't like how I feel when my diet is full of carbs on a regular basis. Plus, I feel like I am dragging in the pool and swimming reeeeeally slowly. No one wants to see that.

By the way, I would pay someone good money (like $100) to invent a durable workout suit for someone with a long torso that doesn't look like a granny suit. You can buy one Speedo suit in long torso in navy or black (boring) and it's got thick straps and a low leg, which just accentuates my giant thighs. Seriously, I am so tired of the suit riding up every time I doing a flipturn. Do you have any idea how awkward it is to flip, reach down to pull your suit down and push off the wall all at the same time? All done, of course, underwater while holding your breath. Awkward.

No comments: