Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Exercise Drought

Sigh. I seem to have hit a road bump again. I went to sleep by 11:30 last night and had every intention to get up and go swimming. Actually, I woke up at 3:30 and was awake for about a half hour for some reason. Then I couldn't wake up when my alarm went off 2 hours later.

I just can't seem to get motivated. I know if I want to keep losing weight and keep off the weight I've lost, I have to exercise. I also know that if I want to allow myself to have treats, I have to exercise to balance it all out. A treat here and there is fine when I'm swimming 80 laps 4 days a week. A treat here and there when I'm sleeping an hour later and sitting on my bum in the evenings is going to result in a spreading bum.

I'm just not feeling it. I have a vague idea of ellipticaling tonight, which may or may not happen. The problem is, I make plans to work out and then I let myself off the hook for dumb reasons. I know as soon as I get out of bed and over to the pool, I'll be fine. It's just that giant leap from warm comfy bed to putting on my swimsuit and going.

How do I stop myself from letting myself off the hook?

No comments: