Monday, August 18, 2008

Hiatus Over

Last week I took an unintentional hiatus from the gym. For the first half of the week, I was sick, coughing ostentatiously every time I did something as dramatic as getting up from a seated position and walking into the next room. For the second half of the week (including last night), I was involved with the Olympics. When the games go until 12 or 1, I just can't get out of bed at 6 to go to the gym. Maybe you can, and you're a stronger person than I, but since I'm not a morning person anyway, forcing me to be a morning person on less than 6 hours of sleep is not happening.

However, swimming and gymnastics are over now. While I'm sure we'll have the Olympics on in the background as we putter around the apartment, I'm not really emotionally invested in the track and field events like I am with swimming and gymnastics.

So tonight I will be in bed at a reasonable hour and tomorrow morning I will be swimming.

No comments: