Friday, September 27, 2013

Obsessive Much?

I don't know what it is, but lately I am obsessed with knitting.  Maybe it's the change in the weather.  Or the knowledge that I have a bunch of big things I want to get done for Christmas presents and, oh my gosh, it's almost the end of September! 

Also, sigh, I seem to have really tweaked my shoulder, which has put the kibosh on my swimming challenge.  We've gone kayaking twice this month, and that, plus the yardage I have managed to get done, plus my feeble attempts at the Cross Fit-esque workouts for my OTHER challenge have seemed to have really done a number on my right shoulder.  Basically whenever I do anything requiring shoulder movement, it hurts.  I figure I'll give it another week and then I'll go to the doctor.

Anyway, in lieu of challenge updates, I will post pictures of my knitting works in progress because that's what I've been doing this month.

A couple of gift sweaters I'm working on using Techniques!  (multi-colored knitting and cables, specifically):


And here's the hat I'm making with my new Yarnbox yarn, with a lovely cabled brim, since I lost my winter hat last year and need a new one anyway:

 
I'm also going to make a cowl to match the hat.
 


1 comment:

Amazon Alanna said...

I love, love, love your current projects!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your shoulder.