Tuesday, December 30, 2008

That Withdrawaly Feeling

I feel like poo. Part of this is because of the whole TOM thing because while I do, in fact, enjoy being a girl, sometimes the girlyness kind of sucks and gives me migraines and such.

However, I think part of the reason I'm feeling bad is honest to goodness withdrawal. Yesterday I had no sugar, no refined carbs of any kind and no caffeine. Although my caffeine intake was only about 1 can of Diet Dr. Pepper a day, my sugar intake equaled several mini peanut butter cups, a few cookies, maybe a brownie, and a slice of Panettone with ice cream. Then we have all the bread and crackers I've been eating, usually with some sort of delectable cheese on top.

Yesterday on my walk home from work I listened to a podcast talking about the insulin spikes from refined carbs and it's no wonder I'm feeling yucky. I've been flying on a carbohydrate high for the past couple of months. Now I have crashed to the earth. But I know it's a much kinder, more even-keeled way to be generally.

Today I'm just trying to make it through work and keep my head from exploding.

No comments: