Monday, December 01, 2008

Exercise

I was all psyched to head out to the pool this morning, or at least to the elliptical, and then Jason decided to add snoring to his sleeping repertoire. Usually I can get him to turn over on his side and that will stop it, but not last night. After almost falling back asleep only to be rewoken up for an hour, I tried to go sleep on the couch, but by that time I was so awake, I couldn't get back to sleep. I read for awhile and then managed to get back to sleep about an hour before I needed to wake up to get ready for work. That is usually when I would be getting up to go to the gym, but I was exhausted and needed another hour of sleep since I had been awake for almost three hours.

Tomorrow!

I joined a fitness challenge on Elastic Waist to give me some motivation. The goal is to work out for at least 30 minutes for 30 of the next 36 days. The pool was open on Thanksgiving so I swam for 40 minutes. Then Friday I had to come into work, so I walked the two miles. I planned to walk home too, but what was supposed to be an hour or two of catch-up wound up being 4 1/2 hours and I was STARVING because it was 2:30 in the afternoon and I had missed lunch. But at least I got that half hour in. Saturday and Sunday I planned to swim first thing, but we wound up being out and about both Friday and Saturday nights. Sigh. I know exercising will give me energy, but when I'm so bone tired, I just can't get out of bed. I've been really busy at work too (thus the coming into the office on Friday) so I am beat. Again, I know exercising will help, but it's hard to convince myself of that at 6 AM.

I will get my mojo back eventually. I will not gain back all the weight I lost this year. How depressing would that be to start January 1 back at square one?

No comments: