Saturday, August 03, 2013

Bacon: Weight Loss Magic!

I've been a little lax on my blog, mostly because I haven't had much to share.  I've been swimming a bit, and going for lots of long walks, now that the weather has cooled down from the 90s to the 80s.  I've been sticking to the low-carb pretty well, with a deviation here or there (Bertucci's last Saturday, Texas Roadhouse rolls on Wednesday).

So here's the thing.  In the past few weeks I've lost 11 pounds.

What?

I lost 4 pounds just this past week alone.  Also a few inches, though I didn't write down the precise measurements today, just did a little casual measuring with the tape to see if the lost pounds showed up in inches.  They did.

I told Jason and he asked, "What did you do different this week?"

"Nothing.  Well, I ate a lot of bacon, actually."

Apparently bacon is my weight loss secret.  See, last Sunday night I made us eggs and bacon for dinner and I have a bad habit of cooking part of a package of bacon and then never cooking the rest and throwing it away weeks later after it's turned green and disgusting.  So I made the whole package and then took some to go with my breakfast (2 eggs) for the next couple of days.  Then I liked it so much that when I stopped at Whole Foods to get breakfast a couple of times on my way into work because I didn't have time to make something, I got a little frittata and some bacon off of the pay-by-the-ounce hot bar.  Because, you know what?  Bacon is really light!

Bacon.

I've also noticed since my stomach thing a couple of weeks ago, I just haven't been as hungry.  And I've been really listening to my body, a la Intuitive Eating, and stopping eating when I'm full, rather than overfull, no matter how delicious something is.  Which means I've actually been eating a little more frequently in the afternoons and I have needed a snack every day this week because I get hungry in between lunch and dinner.

Bacon and low-carb Intuitive Eating and suddenly I'm losing weight for the first time in a couple of years.

1 comment:

Tenacious-K said...

Bacon.

Who knew?

;-)