Thursday, October 01, 2009

Alanna Asked...

No, I didn't get to the gym this morning.

But here's my excuse. Ready?

A car alarm woke me up at 4:09 (yes, I looked at my clock). There is this car in my neighborhood whose alarm goes off ALL THE TIME. Big truck goes by: alarm. Bee flies by: alarm. It goes off pretty much every night. I've gotten good about sleeping through it, but last night there was an added perk. Along with the alarm, the horn was blaring. A constant, piercing bleat in the night.

It woke Jason and I up, and Tiny woke up and went running around the apartment crazily, virtually begging us to make it stop. I decided that if it went on for 15 minutes, I would call the cops. Someone beat me to it. About 13 minutes in, Jason looked out the window and saw a cop car sitting next to a parking lot across the street and shining its light on an SUV with two guys running around it in boxer shorts. At least it woke the owners up too.

I seriously wish someone would just steal that car already and put us all out of our misery.

Of course, then I was all riled up and couldn't get back to sleep for an hour. So I walked to work. It was a perfect crisp fall morning. Lovely.

2 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

That's a pretty good excuse! ;)

I hate car alarms or any other noises that cars make. One of our neighbors honks his horn to get his kids' attention (numerous times throughout the day and very late into the night). Just lovely...

I'm glad you had a nice walk to work! :)

Amazon Alanna said...

Okay...fair enough. Sorry to hear that happened to you. It's the worst when alarms, storms, neighbors, etc upset your pets and you can't do anything about it.

Hope you have a better gym day today!