Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Salmon & Broccoli

Last night I had salmon and broccoli for dinner and remembered how much I enjoy eating clean and healthy. It's so very easy to forget.

Apparently Jason had a discussion with his co-workers yesterday in which they asked what I generally cook and he said "Salmon and broccoli." Then he came home and asked me what was for dinner. Why, salmon and broccoli of course. Which is funny since we haven't had salmon for a couple of weeks and in between I've made chicken and turkey and such. I do like me some salmon and broccoli, though. And I've convinced Jason with the magic roasting of the broccoli and then sprinkling it with parmesan and lemon juice that broccoli is awesome, despite his claims that he did not like broccoli one bit. I'm sorry, but if you're married to me and I'm doing the cooking, you have to eat broccoli. I like it too much to only cook occasionally.

While we're on the subject, I think I'm pretty lucky that I actually LIKE healthy foods. Broccoli has always been one of my favorite foods, as have sweet potatoes with just a bit of cinnamon) and cauliflower. And in my mind there's nothing like a nice big salad. I like the way they taste, and I feel good after eating them.

I wish there was some way that I could remember these things when diving headfirst into a sugar binge.

No comments: