Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Today I go to the cable company to get my internet set up kit, which means once I get that installed and set up my Tivo, I have no excuse to not work out with Denise Austin again. With the 60 hours per week that I'm working, I know my only shot at working out regularly is to work out with 2 Denise Austin shows right after I get home from work.

Tomorrow after work I will be stopping by the Korean supermarket on my way home because I've been told that Asian supermarkets have the best and the cheapest produce. I'll be stocking up on fruits and veggies. Then I'll go to the grocery store and get chicken breasts, whole wheat bread, cottage cheese, etc.

Then it will be ON!

The thing is, I actually love how I feel when I work out and eat well. A tad bit self-righteous. Wonderfully energized. Chocolate has a momentary satiation, but then the sugar crash hits in a way that it never does when I eat an apple. But when faced with the choice of chocolate and an apple, I will always want the chocolate. I don't think I can retrain my brain to that extent.

But I know I have the capacity to not eat sugar except for one splurge day a month. I've done it before, so I know it's possible.

So my goal is to have my healthy eating and working out set up in place by the end of the week.

Bring it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, girly girl. I read your most recent entry on your other blog. Cheer up please. Fear and confusion are totally normal when you've in the midst of important life changes. You've come this far, be proud of yourself.

As to the shake blog, be positive girl! I have the same physical/weight stats that you have :-) I've been losing weight without a diet and without counting calories. I exercise by walking and yes the pounds have come off extremely slowly, but they've come off. The most important thing is the feeling that you get when you treat your body right and when you stop obsessing about weight and food. My aim was to lose weight and get healthy the "painless way". And it's worked.

Best of luck to you!

Kelly said...

Mishy, thanks for the encouragement! And good for you for taking care of yourself. Walking is really good, and being able to walk everywhere is something I miss about Boston and am glad I'm going back to.