Monday, June 10, 2013

June Challenge: Week 1 Complete!

I came into work this morning to find that our network is down.  We still have internet, but I can't actually do any work, so might as well post about Week 1 of the June Challenge.

By way of an update, I did confirm with the organizer that it would be okay to modify some of the workouts to accommodate my puny shins. They already feel better and I'm hopeful that by the end of the week I'll be up to doing my mile run for Week 2.  If there's not a good way to modify the leaping and bouncing and other high-impact exercises, I've been substituting in squats, since I'm still working my legs that way.  So what I'm saying is, my legs are sore.

I'm pleased with my progress last week.  Not only did I swim 3 times, for a total of 4 miles, but I did all of the weekly workouts.  We had 4 Cross Fit-esque workouts, plus challenges of a mile run, 5 rounds of Tabata squats, AMRAP push ups for a minute, and hold plank as long as possible.  I also ate on the food plan 5 out of 7 days.

So Week 1 is in the bag!  On to Week 2.  I swam this morning, so I'm off to a good start!

No comments: