Wednesday, March 21, 2012

NSV

"NSV" in weight loss lingo means "non-scale victory". I don't have one yet, but I have a couple of ideas of NSVs I want to shoot for.

First, I just bought a cocktail dress (Yay for Nordstrom free shipping both ways!). I often have to go to cocktail and semi-formal affairs for work and I've just about worn my 2 other cocktail dresses into the ground. The new dress is this lovely deep purple color, with chiffon layers and it ALMOST looks amazing on me. The shape is perfect for my body, which is saying something, since I often have a hard time finding things that look right on both my hips and my waist. Usually it's one or the other.

While you might think that fitting perfectly into this dress is actually weight-related, I would argue that the number on the scale won't really matter, so long as my proportions are correct. I'm doing strength training to get toned and to improve my overall shape, and that's what looking amazing in this dress depends on. My next work event is at the end of April, and my hope is that I'll be wearing the purple dress!

My next NSV goal is about feeling good about myself when I go visit my grandma in Florida in May. I know we'll be making at least one trip to the beach, and I want to feel confident in the knowledge that I have done everything I can to be fit and healthy. I want to be comfortable hanging out in my swimsuit.

By the way, we're buying our house! I mean, the one we're living in right now. I am oddly calm about it, while Jason is kind of a nervous wreck. I'm not sure if my calmness is denial about the implications of it all, but I'm pretty sure I've thought it through and I feel A-OK. Maybe I've just decided to let Jason do all the worrying. For once.

No comments: