Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pretty New Suit

In an effort to inspire myself a few weeks ago, I bought a new swimsuit. This one, actually:
I already had a blue swim cap and a couple of beach towels with lots of blue. Blue seems to be my swimming color lately (although red has had its time in the sun as well). I even bought some new blue flip-flops at Old Navy a couple weeks ago.

The suit is the Speedo Quantum Spliced Superpro, and I want to give it a shout out because it's the only training suit I've felt comfortable wearing for a really long time. See, my long torso means that swimming is a never ending struggle to not have a wedgie. Speedo makes one suit in long torso. It's a total grandma suit and comes in black or navy with padded boobs. SEXY!

Normally training suit fabric is not stretchy at all, and when it does start to stretch that's when you know you need to buy a new suit because the elastic is going and pretty soon there will be random transparent spots all over the suit where the elastic has disappeared completely. But the fabric on this suit is just stretchy enough that it stays on, while stretching longer to fit my body. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to come out of a flipturn yesterday morning and A) not have a wedgie, and B) not have the front pulled down to the middle of my breasts to compensate for the other end staying in place.

No comments: